Media Forums Forum Participatory Shortdoc

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Roi Guitián 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Agareso
    Keymaster

Agareso
    Keymaster

Hi everyone!
    We are taking our first step to share our process in RecThink project.
    In the 2 first sessions of these trainings, we should be working on writing a story about the lacks, the difficulties and the needs that youngsters have to face in rural areas. We were pleasantly surprised when, after analysing and discussing about this issue, the group from Ancares (Spain) decided to talk about their region in a positive way. They did not want to share negative things to defend their culture and their resources but to film stories about the best features as reasons to defend, to claim and to value the rural areas, as to protect and believe in their future.
    Participatory Video lead us to a positive storytelling to fight isolation!

Roi Guitián
    Participant

Sure, first step we take and first turn around on our previous idea. I’m writing a post on the blog about it because it was quite shocking. I mean, I thought they would like to complain about the difficulties they face and we talked a while about this, indeed. But when it comes to make the script, they preferred talking on a positive way: about opportunities and reasons to live there. I don’t know how this first day will work on another countries but I’m eager to listen about it.

María Lobo
    Keymaster

We have already started with a second group of youngsters in Spain. This one, from the A Limia region, despite being very different from the other group, have reached the same conclusion: the rural should be defended from the strength, not from the negative things. They want to talk about what worths it to be alive. In this case, the perspective is a very unafraid, cathegorical and self-confident.

Claudia Peixoto
    Participant

In Portugal this Rec Think project have been a good surprise!
    In the beginning i thought that the group will find a lot of reasons to will move to a different place, like a big city, however they feel so well in their village and they pointed out so many good reasons to live there.
    When i asked them if they would like to move, not most of them said yes, and maybe i was expecting a “for sure” and this reaction make me understand how much they aprreciate their village and their rural life!

María Lobo
    Keymaster

I absolutely agree! In Galicia, Spain, we have two different groups and both of them reached to the same conclusion: they want to stay at home and they highly appreciate their way of life. However, while in Ancares region they foresee their future far way from their village, in A Limia region they are strongly fighting to stay there and to build a future together.
    There we have met people making liquors as traditionally home-made, cultural spaces hosting concerts and meetings, volunteering activities, social inclusion programs… Several examples of social entrepreneurship that allow to re-think the future :-)

Roi Guitián
    Participant

Sure, I think this was the biggest surprise for me and I think for the whole partners of the project. Also for us is being very interesting that, as María Lobo said, we are working with two regions in Galicia and they share concerns and challenges but the alternatives they are building are very, very different. We still don’t know the reason for such a difference. We would like to check what did you see in Portugal and the others in France and Italy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.